United Nations Academic Impact (UNAI) is a programme of the Outreach Division of the Department of Public Information. Membership to UNAI is open to all institutions of higher education granting degrees or their equivalent, as well as bodies with scholarship and research responsibilities.
United Nations Academic Impact (UNAI) is a programme of the Outreach Division of the Department of Public Information. Membership to UNAI is open to all institutions of higher education granting degrees or their equivalent, as well as bodies with scholarship and research responsibilities. To sign up as an institutional member please go to the website (enrolment to the UNAI must be made by an authorised individual, please go through your professors and senior management in order to join).
The mission of the initiative:
- To bring into association with the United Nations, and with each other, institutions of higher learning throughout the world.
- To provide a mechanism for such institutions to commit themselves to the fundamental precepts driving the United Nations mandate, in particular the realisation of the universally determined Millennium Development Goals.
- To serve as a viable point of contact for ideas and proposals relevant to the United Nations mandate.
- To promote the direct engagement of institutions of higher education in programmes, projects and initiatives relevant to this mandate.
The above mission produced 10 universally accepted principles to which higher education institutions should commit, when enrolling to UNAI. These are our 'products', the ideals we wish to export, and they are listed below:
1) Commitment to the United Nations Charter
2) Human Rights
3) Educational opportunity for all
4) Higher education opportunities for every interested individual
5) Capacity-building in higher education systems
6) Global citizenship
7) Peace and conflict resolution
8) Addressing poverty
10) Inter-cultural dialogue
The United Nations Academic Impact has been endorsed by 30 international networks and more than 300 institutions. It will be formally launched on 18th November, 2010, by Secretary–General Ban Ki–moon.
Students, faculty and university administrators are invited to support their institutions in enrollment to the United Nations Academic Impact (UNAI) and to initiate activities in support of its objectives. For more info: http://www.academicimpact.org/