On September 24, 2018 the United Nations Secretary-General launched new United Nations Strategy on Youth identifying five key areas:
- Opening new routes to involve young people and amplify their voices.
- Strengthening the UN’s focus on their accessing education and health services.
- Placing their economic empowerment at the fore of development strategies, with a focus on training and jobs.
- Working to ensure their rights, and civic and political engagement.
- Prioritizing support for young people in conflict and in humanitarian crises, including their participation in peace processes.
The Youth2030 strategy will guide the UN system in stepping up support for the empowerment of young people, while ensuring that the Organization’s work fully benefits from their insights and ideas.