|UN in Belarus :||UNDP||UNFPA||UNICEF||DPI||UNAIDS||UNHCR||WORLD BANK||FAO||IFC||IMF||WHO||ILO||русский||беларуская|
UN in Belarus > UN Belarus Vacancies
UNFPA opens a position of Communication Assistant, 23 June 2011
COMMUNICATION ASSISTANT (SC)
Under the supervision of the Programme Coordinator, the Communication Assistant implements the Country Office communication strategy and promotes UNFPA Country Office’s (CO) work and policies among partners, international and local media
The Communication Assistant:
– Identifies possible feature and news stories on UNFPA projects, policies and achievements in the country; document, develop and write the stories.
– Writes, formats and disseminates press and information materials as needed, including press releases, fact sheets, summaries and background documentation, talking points and power–point presentations, etc.
– Produces content and narrative for visibility / promo materials, including UNFPA CO’s website English and Russian version, brochures, etc.
– Coordinates monthly issue of UNFPA corporate bulletin for journalists and administration of a Russian regional blog against domestic violence;
– Maintains good media relations with local and international reporters, to enhance UNFPA visibility by educating the media about the organization's principal themes and country programmes; monitors UNFPA media coverage.
– Assist the CO in organizing visibility events, including media events, such as press conferences, report launches, media breakfasts and media tours to project sites, and events for partners and donors.
– Represents UNFPA in UN Theme Communication Group, initiates joint communication collaboration with other UN agencies, following the goals and principles of the United Nations Development Assistance Framework Communication Strategy.
– Search for media and public opinion trends on the main issues of UNFPA mandate, especially opposition and non favorable ones and suggests possible interventions to support core UNFPA principles and national priorities.
We are looking for candidates who have:
Successful candidates preferably have a master’s degree in communication, journalism and/or other related social science field and 3 years of relevant experience preferably in media and media/public relations. Language requirements are: fluency in English. Candidates are expected to be proficient in current office software applications.
UNFPA offers an attractive compensation package commensurate with experience.
Please send your applications to:
Deadline for applications: June, 23.
|United Nations Office in Belarus |
17 Kirov Str., Minsk 220050 Tel. +375 (17) 327 48 76
Fax +375 (17) 226 03 40; e-mail