UN in Belarus > UN Belarus Vacancies
UNDP/GEF Project International Expert on the GIS concept
for Heating and Hot Water Supply in Belarus
is looking for:
International Expert on
Development the Geographic Information System (GIS) concept. The
international expert’s duties are defined in accordance with the Terms of Reference attached to this announcement.
The GIS concept development shall be conducted in close cooperation with the project manager and project experts.
Qualifications and experience:
- GIAS expert should have university degree or higher
education in information technologies;
- A minimum of 10 years extensive working experience in
GIS development and operation;
- Demonstrated ability to work in a multi-disciplinary
environment and make use of multi-criteria decision-making tools;
- Good interpersonal and training skills;
- Good knowledge of European and world experience in
- Experience in creating digital GIS datasets through
digitizing paper source documents, data-entry, editing, scanning and
developing datasets within a GIS environment would be a considerable advantage;
- Experience in and familiarity with the energy sector,
biomass and other renewable energy and energy efficiency technologies is
considered a plus;
- Good computer skills;
- Fluency in Russian and English.
Qualified candidates should submit proposals and CVs to
Mr. Vladimir Voitekhovitch by E-mail , with a cc to the UNDP
office in Belarus attn. Maxim Vergeichik (E-mail: ) Additional information can be obtained by phone/fax: +375 17 284 26 99.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Deadline
for proposals submission is April 05, 2004
TOR for International Expert on Development the GIS