Internships are a great opportunity for students and recent graduates to acquire direct exposure to the international organizaton's work. Opportunities are available in a variety of areas. We accept applications on a rolling basis and refer to the pool of applicants when the internship opportunity opens.
Duration of internship:
The duration of an internship assignment varies in length according to the availability and academic requirements of the intern, as well as the needs of the UN. Assignments are available for the period of minimum 6 weeks (full-time; 40 working hours per week) or 12 weeks (part-time, 20 working hours per week).
No payment for the internship.
The typical tasks performed by interns include:
- conducting research;
- writing documents;
- cataloguing information;
- assisting in the organization of conferences, forums or other collaborative events; and
- publishing knowledge stories/best practices, etc.
Required Skills and Experience
- Enrolled student of graduate school programme (second university degree or equivalent, or higher);
- Enrolled student in the final academic year of a first university degree programme (minimum Bachelor's level or equivalent); or
- Graduate student within one-year of graduation of any of the above.
- Fluency in English (mandatory);
- Fluency in Russian/Belarusian is an asset.
More information and application form are here.